Poooooooop!

I think it was Tuesday night...I'll just start off by saying that it had been a wonderful day. The kids and I were at the park, the morning had gone smoothly, there were no outbursts of uncontrolable emotions...things were great. Then I make the mistake of uttering this phrase to myself...
"Wow! I wish every day could be like this!"
Well the powers that be obviously weren't paying any attention until I uttered those words. This is exactly when my day of poo began.
It was about noon and we were going to be leaving "the park on the hill" soon but I insisted we all go up to the top of the hill so the kids could run around and get the crazies out before we headed home. This is when I hear Chloe say
"Mommy? what's thi....eeeeeeewwww! mooooommmmyyyy!" I look over and Chloe had tried to pick up a big steaming pile of doggy doo unaware of what it was.
Down the hill we go and to the bathroom to wash hands. As we are heading back up the hill, Chloe starts eeewwing again and I look and there's poo on her shirt and pants....eeeeewwww! Back down the hill and this time to get the wipes.
Once we got home things went smoothly for a bit. The poo clothes came off and were thrown into the washer immediately.
I get the kids down for naps and then I hear Chloe in the bathroom....I don't think much of it because she normally takes care of the #1 by herself. Then I hear "Mooooommmmyyy! I poooooped!" Uh oh. This usually means she has and that she's tried to clean herself up after. I went upstairs and yup....it was all over her. I'll spare the gory details but it took a while to get things cleaned up.
At this point I'm pretty much over poo. Don't care to deal with it anymore. Don't want to see it anymore.....Uh huh.
Post-nap got a bit hectic because we had 3 people coming over to give us quotes for re-doing our backyard and for air conditioning. As the last guy was leaving around dinner time I see Owen making his poo face in his high chair and I leave him to his business while I run around and get dinner on the table and do my dinner time shuffel.
After dinner I take him out of the high chair, having forgotten about the poo face. Then Chloe tackles him. I hear her laughing and laughing until she reaches for the back of his pants to grab and stop him....."Eeeeeeeeewwwwww! Aaaaaaaahhhhh! Moooooommmyyy!" She's totally freaking out. Owen had evidently had a blow out and Chloe's hand was covered. I sent her to the bathroom to wash her hands....meanwhile Brian is on the phone with an air conditioner guy as all this screaming is going on in the background....I'm sure he won't be coming over anytime soon.
After Chloe comes out of the bathroom I look at her clothes....yup...more poo. Off comes the shirt and pants....round 2!
Finally I get Owen down to change the diaper and...well...yuck. (I should also tell you that as all this is going on I am trying to get ready to go to book club and get the kids ready for their baths.) Finally Owen's clean, the diaper is in the trash and all is returned to normal right?....nope.
I look down and it's on the kitchen floor, on the floor by the highchair, on the floor by where I changed him.....aaaaaaahhhhhhh! At this point I just yell out "Pooooooooop!" Chloe thinks this is the funniest thing she has ever heard and is dancing around the living room naked yelling "poooooop!" over and over.
Then I decide it's best to throw them both in the bath to desanitize....since dipping them in alcohol isn't an option...and I look down. Poo on my shirt...a lot of poo. The one I had just changed into for book club right after I had taken a long hot cleansing shower.....nice.
Off comes my shirt and I carry Owen and chase Chloe up the stairs for baths.
Thankfully this is when my day of poo ends. I got the kids clean and went off to book club poo- free. And I now know to never utter that little phrase again....ever.

Comments

Unknown said…
Just like Mr Hankie...leaves a spot everywhere!
Becky said…
Oh man Katie...those are the days when I just say, "at least I'm not pregnant because then there would be throw up on top of all the poop." Though I have to say I have never had a day quite like that.