Man's Work

Today I did something TOTALLY foreign to me....something that most of you might stop and think....uhhhh, why did you do this? I installed a new garbage disposal :) I'm pretty darn proud of myself. I actually told Brian I wanted to do it and he VERY patiently sat by and helped when I couldn't lift the darn thing up or I plugged it into the wrong outlet so it ran continuously etc etc....but I did pretty well considering my skills in the home improvement arena are slim to none.
Now, mind you, I can put together a piece of Ikea furniture like nobodies business but that about ends it. I've never even hung a picture for Pete's sake. (is that supposed to be capitalized?)
So I decided that I wanted to do a little plumbing and a teeny bit of electrical in one shot. I'm not sure I want to take on ALL the home improvement areas in the house...Brian the toilet's all yours....but I feel a little more confident that I can do things like that if I have to :)
Oh! Brian and I also dug up the roots of some shrubs we have in our backyard...had in our backyard....now THAT is man's work! Good grief! I've never been so exhausted in my life! I just don't have those shoulder muscles that are obviously required for skills like that. As far as I'm concerned I appreciate having a big ol' strappin' man around the house to take care of the things that would flatten me...and even the one's that wouldn't flatten me :)

Comments