Whoa...slacker here

Well hello! I don't think I've ever gone this long without writing. I haven't given it up completely, just too busy and too darn sick these last couple months to think outside my own head. I guess I'll just do an update and then post more as my memory returns. This will not be in any sort of order, just an update for my records and, hopefully, your entertainment :)
We had Chloe's dress rehearsal for her big recital today. Their song is called "We're in love with the USA" and they're decked out in sparkly sailor suits. Including a sparkly tutu, gloves and sailor hat...it's so cute I pretty much want to die. I'll be updating about the recital soon I'm sure. Owen actually has been practicing the dance with Chloe and knows almost all the steps...who knows? Maybe he'll be in Miss Jana's dance class soon!
Brian and I got to go to Denver on our first trip away from the kids ever! It was fabulous, thanks to our friends for getting married in another state...fabulous!
My favorite news is that I am a first-time aunt! Brian and Denise are new mommy and daddy to little Naila who was born on mothers day :) She's the teeniest little thing I've ever seen and I can't wait to meet her! Brian and I are off to Chicago in July to say hello and googoo gaga.
Owen gave me his first "I love you" It was the best. It was the weekend after coming back from Denver and I had been gone all day helping Brian move into his new office (more of the news). He came up to me, sat on my lap, rested his head on my shoulder and wrapped his chubby little arms around me and said 
"luf you come home mama" I pretty much melted into a blubbering heap right there on the spot. 
I said "you missed me and you're happy I'm home?"(I only asked this because I wanted to hear more) 
"Yeah, missyou mama, luf you mommy" Aaaawwwww! And I've gotten it 4 more times since. Pretty much paid off his 3 months of craziness in one shot :) And today he says...
"luf yu sissy coco" Chloe melted too and tackled him to the floor..."aaaawwww! Buhbuh! I love you too!" 
More Owen news is that he has to go in to get his adenoids out some time this summer. I'm pretty relieved it's just that and not tonsils or ear tubes. It should be a pretty easy procedure and hopefully he'll start feeling better because of it! Yay! He's been sick for most of the last 2 months with sinus and ear infections and just basic nasty sinuses. That and a round of the stomach flu that hit the house and we've all been out of commission since March. I'm hopeful that June will bring a big bag of health to our door!
At the beginning of the year Brian decided to take his business solo and moved into a new office space a few weeks ago. He has 2 people working for him and business is great! I even get to help out on the admin side from time to time...we'll see how long Brian can stand having me come to the office with the 2 kids when I have to get some work done ha ha! They love to skateboard down the hall and play golf with one of the guys golf ball spitter-outer-thingy. I have no idea what it's actually called (obviously) but it's for putting practice and Owen screams every time the ball gets spit out and he goes chasing after it. I'm sure all the noise will bring all sorts of joy and creativity to the office.
Chloe is now officially 5 and I am amazed at how much she has grown up in such a short period of time. In the last month she has stopped biting her fingernails (this had been going on for 2 1/2 years and she would bite until they bled), she is no longer afraid of dogs (also a huge problem for 3 years), she is no longer afraid of swimming...she actually loves it (this has been an issue since birth), and she is teaching herself how to spell words. This last one is really fun to watch her do. She'll draw a picture of something...an alligator last week...and I'll hear her sounding it out...
"a...a...'A!'...alllll....alllll 'L!'...uh...uh...uh...'U!'" and so on until alligator is spelled 
ALUGADR
Looks logical to me! I've started to realize that the English language is not easy to describe. 
"I know 'knife' SOUNDS like it starts with an 'N' but it's really a 'K'...a really quiet 'k'.
But she's trying so I don't correct her when I get things like a 
HAB B ESR card.
We've had all kinds of silliness that I have to sit down and think about but this is the start of more writing hopefully. So stay tuned!

Comments